Research shows a strong correlation between your child cultivating a practice of gratitude and their overall happiness. Additionally, nurturing your child’s ability to express gratefulness will not only strengthen their own self-awareness and emotional intelligence, it will build their empathetic skills.
In this flexible, go-at-your-own-pace workshop series, Green Generations’s designed video lessons to increase your child’s emotional wellness by learning about gratefulness and inspiring an acts-of-gratitude practice.
RESEARCH & EVIDENCE
A 2019 study published in the Journal of Happiness Studies found that gratitude is linked to happiness in children by age 5. This means that instilling gratitude in your kids at a young age could help them grow up to be happier people.
According to a 2008 study published in the Journal of School Psychology, grateful children (ages 11 to 13) tend to be happier, more optimistic, and have better social support. They also report more satisfaction with their schools, families, communities, friends, and themselves. Grateful kids also tend to give more social support to others as well.
- Ideal for ages 8-13
- Designed to flexibly integrate into your child’s schedule
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email with secure access to videos and toolkits
- Videos have no expiration date
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- Four 30-minute pre-recorded videos
- Each video includes:
- A mindfulness activity
- A guided visualization
- A read-aloud
- Structured lesson with guided journal exercise and/or art-inspired project
- Downloadable PDF toolkit for kids & parents – SOON FORTHCOMING; PRICE WILL INCREASE
- Lesson Outlines & Explanations
- Reflective Journal Prompts
- Helpful tips & guidance
- Recommended books
- Research links
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL NEED
- Access to a computer or tablet with internet capability
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- Paper or journal/notebook
You’re welcome to print the PDF toolkit, but we kindly ask you to save-a-tree and only print if necessary.
BOOKS FEATURED IN THIS PROJECT SERIES
WORKSHOP OUTCOMES FOR YOUR CHILD
- Develop and cultivate a knowledge about gratefulness
- Nurture their emotional wellness
- Build a reflective practice of mindfulness
- Learn to connect with their hearts
- Build empathetic skills
MEET YOUR GG FACILITATORS
In response to the hardships faced by many families during the COVID-19 pandemic and in the spirit of inclusivity, Green Generations is committed to making our programming accessible for all.
If you are able, please consider a donation in addition to the workshop fee. Any additional donation will help offset programming costs with our school partnership communities for at-risk children.
DISCLAIMER: All sales final; no refunds available.
- Duration 45 minutes/week
- Activities Virtual Offerings
- Class Sizes 25
- Years Old 8-13
- Available Seats 30