Interested in inspiring children, empowering them, and making a difference in NYC communities?
Green Generations is accepting applications from dedicated professionals to become facilitators in our in-school and after-school workshops.
If you possess the following qualities, then we would definitely like to hear from you:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about children, holistic and whole-child education and the environment
- Desire to make a difference and contribute to a better world
- Shares our Core Values
- Understands the importance of being a reflective, life-long learner
- Values self-improvement and emotional security
- Enthusiastic, joyful, dynamic, committed, organized, open-minded, and creative
- Mission-conscious, meaning you contribute your best to the growth of our mission
Core Eligibility Requirements
- Believe deeply in the mission of Green Generations and in everyone’s infinite potential
- Love children of all backgrounds
- Believe in co-education and be open to alternative education models
- Be passionate about the environment, nutrition, holistic and whole-child centered education, and teaching emotional wellness
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Candidates must meet all knowledge and skill requirements in order to be considered for this position:
- Willing to commit to the position for a duration of two academic school years
- Prefer candidates with professional experience managing groups of 12 or more children between 6-12 years old, although age groups will vary.
- Have or are in the process of acquiring a NYS teaching license (for any grade)
- Interest and openness to both personal and professional development
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) speaking skills are a plus
- Flexible part-time hours during the academic school year due to our varied daytime and afternoon programs throughout the city.
- Please share hours of availability when applying.
- There is an opportunity for facilitators to grow with us as our organization increases its number of school partnerships.
- Candidates will shadow lead facilitator at the beginning of the (paid) training period.
- Competitive hourly rate of $45/hour
- Posting will remain open until positions are filled
- Qualified candidates from NYC are strongly encouraged to apply